CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We could use some prayers

Well last night our travel friends daughter was running fever and crying. She looked so miserable. Bless her heart. I just saw them this morning and she seems to be feeling better. She still looks a little flush but better than last night for sure. Her daddy has a sore throat this morning.

Now on the Gehrke side of things Kaylee woke up at 4am with a stomach ache and diareaha. Poor girl she was beside herself in misery. I felt so bad for her. She kept throwing up and it felt like she might have a fever. It seems like food poisoning except for the fever. We gave her a phenegran. She is sleeping now and will hopefully feel better soon.

On a more positive note, the girls had a good night last night. They played with their tea cups and stacking blocks. Kaylee would tickle Madelynn and she would smile. Kaylee kept saying how much she loves her and that she cant wait to bring her home to meet HER boys. I thought that was really cute.

This morning Madelynn and I went to breakfast and left David with Kaylee. I discovered Madelynn has a love of sugar and butter packets. In fact she is holding the butter packet in her hand now with a death grip. She is still clinging to Mama. David is being so patient trying to earn her trust. She is just scared to death. She is still wanting to wear her shoes all of the time in case she has the opportunity to make a run for it. She is very tiny and dainty. She has not said much except what sounds to "that" and "shoes in chinese" She has said Mama but only while pointing to the door and wanting to make a run for in or when Daddy tries to hold her. She is a very serious and cautious child at this point. She cries easily.
Well that is all for now. Hopefully I will be writing that Kaylee is feeling better soon

3 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

I am so sorry that Kaylee isn't feeling well. I hope she feels better today! I hope you are all able to go on your visit to the museum today! I'll be keeping Kaylee AND Haley in my prayers!!

Erin

Jman's momma said...

I feel for Kaylee!!! Poor girl, that is no fun at all but will hopefully pass soon. And sweet little Madelynn - sounds a lot like Sawyer. I didn't get his red shoes off for 2 days. He also carried several hershey's kisses until they were dripping goo - sort of like the butter :)

Praying for both families.

Anne

Betsy said...

Sounds like Haley is feeling better, hope that Kaylee feels much better soon, too. Prayers to you all - Betsy, Jack's (Lu Chun Ke) Mom