CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

GOTCHA DAY IS HERE






We went to the civil affairs office this morning to meet our daughter. We were both very nervous and it still did not seem real. We were there early. So we had to wait about 15 minutes for the girls to get there. (I say girls because we are traveling with another family who is adopting a 5 year old girl) The moment finally came and they both arrived. Madelynn clung to one of the nannies and cried(which is what we had expected) She was not interested in any of the toys, candy, noise makers that we brought. The nanny finally handed her over and she was very upset. I walked the halls with her and she cried off and on. She kept pointing so I walked where she pointed. In the van, she was like a little koala bear clinging to me. At this point, she was not interested in letting anyone touch/hold her except for me.

On the other hand our friends new daughter, Hayley, was ready to be adopted. She came in and went right to him. She had the biggest smile on her face. She is hearing impaired and does not speak. However words were not necessary. The expression on her face said it all. "It is finally my turn and I am ready." She was all dressed up and had her new pair of sunglasses on and her bracelets to match. She is a little princess. You can tell she is very bright. She watches everyone and takes cues from them. I would not be surprised if she reads lips.

3 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

Congratulations!! I am so jealous of you all.....I WANT TO BE THERE RIGHT NOW!!! I'm so happy you are finally able to hold your little Madelynn!

Erin DeNicolo

Redmom2005 said...

Tracey - I'm not sure if you are getting email in China, but if you are....can you PLEASE email me at mdenicolo2@verizon.net I need to ask you something VERY important! PLEASE!!!!!

Erin DeNicolo

Ruth said...

Congratulations!!! Following your journey!