CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Visit to the Orphanage






Today has been a very long day for us. Madelynn is a hard nut to crack. She is still very scared and will not let me out of her sight. She becomes frantic. At night, she literally sleeps on top of me. Poor girl she is so sad and mourning something terrible. We have manage to get a few smiles but that is all. We hope as the days come and go she will begin to feel more comfortable.

Today I visited the orphanage and was able to meet her foster family. Talk about emotional. Dave and I decided it would be best not to take Madelynn back because she is having such a hard time. I could tell from the time we walked in the foster mother was disappointed I did not bring her. However, I knew she understood. It was very emotional. I cried and she cried. Words can not express the feeling you have meeting the woman who has raised your child for the past year and a half. How do you say thank you.It is obvious the love she has for her. She showed me her bed and gave me her bowl and spoon. I also received a very nice picture album of her growing up.

After we visited with her family we went with our friends to meet their daughters foster family. Yet again I cried. It really pulls at your heartstrzings to know these kids are leaving everything they know and love to be adopted. In your heart, you know it is what is best for them, but it is still difficult.

Tomorrow we leave for Gaungzhou. THe challenge of trying to fit everything in the suitcase begins tonight.

Oh yes, Kaylee got a McDonalds happy meal today.

2 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

McDonald's Happy Meal.....sounds GREAT! Hope you enjoyed it, Kaylee! I can only imagine how emotional it was to visit the foster families today! You're moving onto the "last step" of your process, though....in Guangzhou!! Hope the flight goes well for everyone, and I hope you have some "cooler" weather in GZ!! P.S. Thanks for fixing Haley's hair today for the orphanage visit! It looked GREAT!!!

Erin DeNicolo

Jman's momma said...

Everything gets better in Guangzhou, right? :) Praying for you guys. Anne